Jewellery & Watches Insurance
Jewellery and watches are often the most vulnerable of your belongings and their exposure to theft, accidental damage or loss is great. Having peace of mind that your valuables are covered in the event of such a loss is an important consideration.
However, obtaining jewellery and watches insurance cover can prove difficult as stand alone policies are rarely available and standard home insurance policies will typically only cover modest values, for example up to £5000, and may only offer low single article limits.
The best solution is to take out a specific jewellery and watches insurance policy that protects your valuable jewellery and watches. Alan & Thomas can help you create a policy that gives you the back-up plan you need at a competitive price, meaning you can select the items you want to be covered with a variety of settlement options should the worst happen.
Our expert private client insurance advisers will be able to guide you through the process of ensuring your valuables are included as part of your high-net-worth home insurance policy, which we can organise. They have experience dealing with clients who have insured vast jewellery collections including diamonds and precious gems including single items of jewellery valued at more than £1 million so know the exact requirements when it comes to making sure you are properly covered both in the UK and abroad.
You can be assured that your precious items will be covered for theft, accidental loss or damage whether it happens at home or outside of the home.
Benefits of our Jewellery & Watches Insurance can include:
- Free review of your current insurance arrangements
- Dedicated expert to guide you through the process
- Competitive premiums from the UK’s leading high-net-worth insurers
- Valuable items such as engagement rings, watches and other jewellery worth up to £15,000 each can be covered as standard on your home insurance policy and there is no need to list these items individually
- Jewellery and valuables worth more than £15,000 in total can be covered but must be listed separately
- Worldwide cover for your jewellery when you take it temporarily out of your home (for no longer than 60 consecutive days)
- Newly acquired jewellery is covered automatically for up to 60 days, or for longer periods at an additional premium
- Loss in value is automatically covered following repair to damaged valuable items.
- In-house claims team to deal with any claim quickly and efficiently on your behalf
For an informal discussion regarding your Jewellery & Watch Insurance, please call us on 01202 754900 or complete the quote request form on this page and we will contact you.
About Alan & Thomas
Firmly established as one of the top 100 independent insurance brokers in the UK, we have been providing personalised insurance policies since 1975. Using a network of 37 independent brokers known as Brokerbility, our expert team can offer a local and personal service across the whole of the UK.
Chartered Insurance Brokers
Having been awarded the highly regarded title of "Chartered Insurance Broker" by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) back in 2007, we are currently the only independent broker in Dorset to have achieved this status.